Tommy Mann Jr.
The Orange Leader
Easter weekend has arrived and that means there are plenty of activities for the family, especially the children, to participate in through the weekend. Numerous Easter egg hunts have been scheduled throughout the weekend across the county, and below are just some of those listings.
• The City of Orange will hold its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m., Friday, April 6, at the City of Orange Boat Ramp off Simmons Drive. The gates open at 9 a.m. and the hunt begins at 10 a.m. for children ages 0-8. Activities include egg hunt, balloons, fire trucks, photos with Easter bunny, a moon-walk, superslide and more. The event is free and open to the public.
• Cove Baptist Church, 1005 DuPont Drive in Orange, will hold a Children’s ministry Easter egg hunt from 10 a.m. - noon, Friday, April 6, for children ages 5 through sixth grade. The public is invited.
• Orange First Church of the Nazarene is having a community Easter Egg Hunt with 13,000 eggs at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 7, at 3810 M.L. King Drive. This event is for preschool to 6th grade. Areas will be divided by age group to find eggs. Please bring your own basket. There will be face painting, games, stories, blow up toys and prizes. Call 409-883-4674 for info.
• McDonald Memorial Baptist Church will hold a picnic and Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 7, at Alford Seale Park on Western Avenue in West Orange. The community is invited. Children are reminded to bring a basket or bag. Picnic lunch and children’s activities will follow. Bring your lawn chairs. Call 409-883-3974 for info.
• First Assembly of God, 201 Roberts Ave. in Bridge City, will hold an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m., Saturday, April 7, with over 10,000 candy-filled eggs for ages 12 and younger. Games, prizes, inflatable obstacle course and moonwalk available, plus visit with the Easter Bunny. Call 409-735-4810 or visit www.bcfirstag.com for details.
• First Baptist Church of Orange will hold an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m., Saturday, April 7, on its MLK property for children ages toddler through sixth grade. The public is invited. Visit www.fbco.org for details.
• Cowboy Church of Orange County, located at 673 FM 1078 in Orange, will hold its annual Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m., Saturday, April 7, for children ages 0 - 10. The event is free and open to the public.