The Orange County Health Inspector recently did a routine inspection at In & Out Mini Mart located at 100 West Freeway in Vidor. They received an 86 out of a possible 100. Demerits are for needing to date foods in the cooler, twenty-nine expired items on the shelves, soap and towels needed at the hand-washing sink, mold found on drink despiensors and slime found inside ice machine.
Other scores include:
• Denny’s Restaurant located at 7412 Interstate 10 West in Orange. Score: 86. Demerits are for sausage found at below safe hot holding temperatures, several gnats found at bread storage area, several dishes found with foods still on them, heavy mold around several air vents, and the floors in the walk-in cooler/freezer in need of being cleaned of old foods.
• La Salita Mexican Food located at 1501 West Green Avenue in Orange. Score: 89. Demerits are for hair restraints needed and in need of dating and labeling all foods in the cooler.
• BBQ Depot #1 located at 110 Old Highway 90 in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Sonic located at 340 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 97. Demerits are for mold found inside the ice machine.
• Econolodge Hotel located at 255 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 100.
• Sleep Inn located at 2245 Highway 62 in Orange. Score: 100.
• Sunset Grove Country Club located at 2900 Sunset Drive in Orange. Score: 97.
• Romano’s 8.31 Italian Food located at 995 West Roundbunch Road in Bridge City. Score: 97.
• Fuzzy’s Taco Shop located at 110 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for a couple of molded lemons and sinks with dripping pipes in need of repairs.
• Case Olé #27 located at 1716 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for several flies found throughout, mold found in drink station ice container and several air vents in need of being cleaned of dust.
• Old Orange Cafe located at 914 Division Street in Orange. Score: 100.