ORANGE — The Orange County Health Inspector recently did a routine inspection at Vidor Superette located at 5645 North Main Street in Vidor. They received an 92 out of a possible 100. Demerits are for in need of name and address on all bags of ice sold, and 145 expired items on the shelves.
Other scores include:
• Gator’s Nest Restaurant located at 3145 Highway 87 in Bridge City. Score: 100.
• Smart Stop Food Store located at 811 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for mold found inside the ice machine and sixty-two expired items on the shelves.
• Memorial Hermann Baptist Hospital located at 608 Strickland in Orange. Score: 100.
• Gary’s Restaurant located at 2650 Lutcher Drive in Orange. Score: 91. Demerits are for grits at below safe temperatures, several slats of expired bread which the manager had replaced, and for an employee using the towel for wiping down the counters and using it to wipe excess butter off a customers eggs.
• Quizno’s Sandwiches located at 175 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Dairy Queen located at 2426 16th Street in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for an employee with improper jewelry.
• First Presbyterian Day School located at 412 9th Street in Orange. Score: 100. It is noted on the report the day school does not cook lunch.
• Super Food Mart located at 1519 37th Street in Orange. Score: 92. Demerits are for in need of name and address on all bags of ice sold and 187 expired items pulled from the shelves.
• Subway located at 2809 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for mold found at the drink station and several gnats throughout.