Special to The Leader
October has always been one of the most active months for concerts featuring national artists in Southeast Texas history. Here’s a list of artists which have performed in the area during this time period.
• Oct. 5, 1986 Ozzy Osbourne returned to Southeast Texas for the first time in more than five years with a concert at the Beaumont Civic Center in support of his platinum album, “The Ultimate Sin,” which featured the hit single “Shot in the Dark.” Seattle rock band Queensryche opened the show as the quintet toured in support of its July 1986 release, “Rage for Order.”
• Oct. 6, 2011 Rock act Candlebox performed a concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie with special guests Miggs and Cowboy Mouth.
• Oct. 6, 2006 Dog Jam ‘06 was held at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont and featured Staind, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Hinder and Black Stone Cherry. This was the most successful show in the Dog Jam concert series and is the third most attended event in Ford Park history.
• Oct. 6, 1999 The talented Anne Murray performed at the Lutcher Theater in Orange.
• Oct. 7, 2011 Country music legend George Jones performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• Oct. 8, 2011 Hunter Hayes, fresh off his supporting role on the Taylor Swift tour and behind the strength of his hit single “Storm Warning,” performed at Ford Park in Beaumont as part of the SRO concert series.
• Oct. 8, 1955 Elvis Presley, “The King of Rock and Roll,” performed inside the Beaumont City Auditorium.
• Oct. 9, 2004 Thousands of rock fans turned out for Dog Jam IV at Ford Park in Beaumont featuring Puddle of Mudd, Earshot, Trapt, Dropbox and more during a rain soaked event.
• Oct. 10, 1991 Country music singer Barbara Mandrell performed at the Lutcher Theater in Orange.
• Oct. 10, 1985 Night Ranger returned to Beaumont, Texas for a headlining concert as the band toured in support of its “Seven Wishes” album.