Special to The Leader
Fall is a great time for live music featuring nationally recognized artists, and Southeast Texas has seen more than its fair share during the month of October.
• Oct. 18, 2009 Dog Jam ’09 was held at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont and featured the most diverse lineup of bands in the festival’s history with a headlining appearance by The Black Crowes. Also appearing were Saving Abel, Sevendust, Halestorm and Truth and Salvage Co.
• Oct. 19, 2011 Alternative metal band 10 Years returned to Beaumont for the second time in less than seven months as part of the SRO Concert Series at Ford Arena. 10 Years was still touring in support of its Aug. 2012 release, “Feeding the Wolves.” Special guests included Hell or Highwater, In Elements and The Hunger.
• Oct. 21, 2011 Country music legend Charley Pride, along with special guest Johnny Lee, performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• Oct. 21, 2007 Dog Jam ’07 was held inside the Montagne Center of Lamar University in Beaumont and featured a headlining performance by Korn. Special guests included HellYeah, Five Finger Death Punch and Droid.
• Oct. 22, 2003 Mexican-American country music singer Rick Trevino performed at Cactus Canyon in Beaumont in support of his September 2003 release, “In My Dreams.”
• Oct. 23, 2008 The Reverend Horton Heat and Nashville Pussy performed at Whiskey River in Beaumont.
• Oct. 24, 2009 Country music star and Orange County native Tracy Byrd performed an outdoor concert on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont.